Seeds of Love and Hope International Society (SOLAHIS) is a Christian non-profit society based in Canada, which operates a children’s centre in Itagui, Colombia.The Centre provides food, clothing, tutoring, counselling, spiritual development opportunities and post-secondary education funding to children involved in our sponsorship program. SOLAHIS’s goal is to love and support impoverished children by addressing their physical, mental, emotional, educational, and spiritual needs through biblical teaching and professional services.
SOLAHIS is looking for a highly motivated individual to become its Executive Director. The Executive Director is the key management leader of the SOLAHIS team. He/She is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. He/She must be fluent in Spanish and is able to work in keeping with SOLAHIS’s values. The E.D. reports directly to the Canadian Board of Directors of SOLAHIS.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and ensure its overall successful long-term operations
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans and execute on the policies authorized by the Board
- Plan, actively manage, and oversee SOLAHIS’s programs, fundraising, and operations while ensuring the organization’s financial sustainability in Canada and Colombia
- Oversee and report on the organization’s results to the Board of Directors
- Drive development of other revenues and fundraising, leveraging the Board as needed
- Actively engage in complex fiscal management through hands on budgetary development and oversight; routinely report performance and financial activities to the Board of Directors
- Provide thoughtful executive leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering in a manner that supports and guides SOLAHIS’s faith, vision, mission and values as defined by the Board of Directors
- Foster a collaborative, faith driven working environment, encourage professional development, and champion accountability amongst staff
- Attend Board meetings, as needed, and provide reports and updates on staff as well as all current work, project timelines, and project and organizational progress
- Establish goals, objectives, and operational plans in collaboration with the Board of Directors, Colombia and other leaders
- Communicate effectively with the Board by providing members with all information necessary to continually function properly and make informed decisions in a timely and accurate manner
- Effectively represent the organization and promote a transparent, positive organizational image to ensure adequate community representation
- Organize, motivate, and mentor internal team leaders and volunteers
- Apply innovative thinking and performance measurements to analyze and support strategic decision-making
- Continually foster a culture that encourages collaboration between Colombian and Canadian staff and recognizes positive contributions
- Manage and motivate staff, overseeing processes such as hiring, separation, ongoing staff development, performance management, and compensation and benefits
- Must be willing to travel to SOLAHIS’s Centre in Colombia once a year or as required.
A strong passion for the mission and programs of SOLAHIS
- Fluent Spanish in both verbal and written
- Proven abilities and experience in fiscal management and preparing and securing Board approval for a complex budget
- Passion for creative program creation and organizational funding growth
- Capacity to excel at influencing and leading an organization towards positive growth
- Capable of designing and directing strategies that enhance and support organizational operations
- Knowledge of how to foster an environment of accountability, healthy work relationships and partnerships, and inclusivity among organizational staff in order to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work well with media, staff, and the community in both English and Spanish
- Able to fundraise their salary
The successful candidate will have the training, as well as the opportunity and privilege to create a prayer and financial support network. The financial support will include salary, travel, on-going professional development, and work-related expenses.
Submit your resume and a cover letter in a combined PDF to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until July 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm
Expected Start Date September 1, 2021