Seeds of Love and Hope International Society
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the SOLAHIS team. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
This position may shift overtime as the organization grows.
Accountability: The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
· Responsible for leading the SOLAHIS team in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
· Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
· Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support SOLAHIS’s mission.
· Responsible for the fiscal integrity of SOLAHIS, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
· Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
· Responsible for implementation of SOLAHIS’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
· Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that SOLAHIS can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
· Responsible for the enhancement of SOLAHIS’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
· Responsible for creating documentation of procedures in order to maintain the continuation (durability, longevity, sustainability) of the ministry
o This can be accomplished while working in collaboration with department managers
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
· Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
· Responsible for effective administration of SOLAHIS operations.
· Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
· Responsible for the development of those who work in the subareas of the ministry. Including professional and personal development.
Actual Job Responsibilities
· Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
· Supervise, guide, and collaborate with organization staff.
· Strategic planning and implementation.
· Planning and operation of annual budget.
· Serve as SOLAHIS’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
· Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance SOLAHIS’s Mission.
· Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
· Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
· Oversee organization of committee meetings.
· Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of a nonprofit society.
· Review and approve contracts for services.
· Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Applicant to reside in the Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley area.
Salary range between $50,000 to $55,000 annually.
Submit your resume and a cover letter in a combined PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until October 11, 2021 at 11:59 pm
Expected Start Date January 4, 2022
We are not currently hiring.