Would You Be Willing To Give a Donation?
Every Penny Helps.
SOLAHIS is committed to passing along the maximum amount possible to the children of Medellin, Colombia. As such, 95% of donations are allocated in helping the children & only 5% for administration purposes.
Sponsors are critical to giving individual children the best chance possible to become self-sustainable. Donors, whatever their contribution amount, enable the Children’s Centre to run and help even those children who have not yet been sponsored.
Donations help in many ways. They cover:
- Feeding over 150 additional, not yet sponsored children once a week
- Operational expenses for the Children’s Centre, including team salaries
- Skills training programs for the adults, so they can find work in industries other than the drug trade or prostitution
- Scholarships for those who want to attend post-secondary institutions
SOLAHIS is a registered Canadian charity. As such, all donations of $20 or more will receive a tax donation receipt.
What Does My Donation
Help Pay For?
Donated funds are used to cover operational expenses at the Children’s Centre including six meals per week, school uniforms, backpack and school supplies every January, medical and denal care, and shoes when needed. Anything left over goes to helping children who are not yet sponsored as well as ongoing improvements to the land and buildings.
Other Ways to Donate
Every year, SOLAHIS hosts fundraising events. For this event, we collect large and small silent auction and live auction items as well as gift baskets. If you’d like to get involved, or you’d like to help organize our upcoming events, please Contact Us.
We send supplies to Medellin, Colombia quite frequently. If you’d prefer to donate items, these are the types of things we need on a regular basis:
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Travel-sized toiletries, such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.
- School supplies
- Clothing of all sizes for all occasions
- Pajamas and blankets
- Modest bathing suits and towels
- Small toys, stuffed animals, and toy cars
- Prom/Graduation dress for Quinceanera celebrations